Want to get your workplace on board?
As Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea’s official date takes place on Thursday 23rd May, we realise many of our hopeful fundraising hosts will be at work. So, why not host an event in your office? It’s a great way for everyone to come together, enjoy some tasty morning tea, share a few activities, and raise money for a fantastic cause.
Where do you start? Here are a few tips:
- Talk to your boss. Make sure management are behind the Morning Tea, and are happy for you to promote it. Encourage them to promote it too!
- Ask management about the possibility of your workplace donating prizes to the event. It could be anything from company merchandise, to a paid day off work!
- Set up an Online Fundraising Page - and use this to promote all the details of your event - so people can find out about it quickly and easily. This is particularly handy if you need to make changes to your event at any time.
- Send an email as a calendar invite - so it’s automatically added to your colleagues’ diaries.
Make it great! A few handy fundraising tips:
- Suggest an entry fee for the event - even if it’s just a gold coin.
- Create a theme, to make the event great fun, and encourage more people to come. Perhaps organise a small prize for the best effort.
- If your company supports workplace giving, why not allow an online, one-off payroll donation to support the event. Talk to your boss about getting this organised and whether or not it’s possible.
- Host a raffle or auction with the prizes donated by the organisation or staff.
- Ask staff to submit their healthiest and most delicious morning tea recipe to you - and then create a company recipe book, to be sold internally with a percentage of profit going to Cancer Council.
Find out more
Sign up for a Morning Tea:
Simply select your state to register your work today:
ACT | NSW | NT | QLD | SA | TAS | VIC | WA