180g caster sugar
180g self raising flour
90g custard powder
Strawberry jam (or jam of your
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking tray.
- Cream butter and caster sugar together in a bowl until sugar has dissolved.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift self raising flour, cornflour and custard powder. Gradually work the dry ingredients into the butter mixture using a wooden spoon until
- just combined.
- Place small teaspoons of mixture on your greased baking tray about 5cm apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- When cold, join cockles together in pairs with jam of your choosing and dust with icing sugar.