- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 8 small flat mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 sheets frozen canola puff pastry, partially thawed
- 100g feta or goats cheese
- Wild rocket or micro cress leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan forced.
- Heat the oil in a medium (about 22cm base) ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook 3 minutes until soft. Add the thyme. Add the mushrooms, stalk side down. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a 23cm round from each sheet of pastry. Place the rounds on top of each other and press together. Spread half the cheese over one side of the pastry round.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat. Place the pastry round cheese side down over the mushrooms, tucking the pastry under the mushrooms. Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Remove from the oven and set aside 3 minutes.
- Place a board or wire rack on top of the pan and invert. Crumble over the remaining goats cheese, top with rocket or micro cress, season with pepper and serve.
Tip: If you don’t have a frying pan that is also ovenproof, cook step 1 in a frying pan then transfer the mixture to the base of a well-greased 22cm (base) cake pan and continue with steps 3-5.