Pastry x 3 ingredients needed
- 250g (8oz) plain flour
- 75g (2½oz) icing sugar
- 125g (4oz) cold butter, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- pinch salt
Filling x 1
- 125g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 50g (1¾oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g (3½oz) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- finely grated rind of 1 orange
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 75g (2½oz) chocolate chips
- icing sugar, to dust
- double cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 175°C (360°F). Grease a 24cm (10in) round loose-based flan tin.
- Sift flour and icing sugar into a processor. Add butter. Process until crumbly. Add yolks and salt. Process until ingredients just come together. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper until large enough to line prepared tin. Lift dough into tin and press into sides. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Line with baking paper. Fill with rice or baking beans. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove paper and rice. Return to oven for about a further 3 minutes or until tart shell is dry and lightly browned. Cool.
- To make filling, beat butter and sugar in small bowl of electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating between additions. Stir in almond meal, flour, rind and chocolate chips. Spoon filling into tart shell.
- Cook in the oven for about 30–35 minutes or until the tip of a knife comes out clean when inserted. Cool completely.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar. Serve with cream.