Skip to main content
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), ends trimmed, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan forced).
- Lightly spray muffin tins with oil or line with paper cases.
- Sift flours into a medium sized bowl, returning husk remaining in the sieve to the bowl.
- Mix in sweet potato, cheese, capsicum, spring onion and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and eggs together.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix through until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until muffins are firm and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
LiveLighter ® State of Western Australia 2018. Reproduced with permission. For more healthy recipes and tips, visit www.livelighter.com.au