- 2 avocado, peeled
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- Pinch of flaked sea salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup hazelnuts roasted and skins removed
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices good sour dough toast
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2 buffalo mozzarella fresh in brine
- 8 basil leaves
- 75g grated Parmesan (grana padano)
- Pre heat a griddle plate or BBQ.
- Crush the avocado with the back of a fork, add a little lemon juice and zest, season with salt and pepper, set aside. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place into a small bowl, crush the hazelnuts roughly and add to the tomatoes, add a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
- Meanwhile brush the slices of sour dough with a little olive oil and place onto the griddle plate on a 45 degree angle for 1 minute or until you achieve dark griddle line and the bread begins to toast, turn in the opposite direction on a 45 degree angle on the same side for a further minute to achieve the classic criss-cross griddle marks. Turn over and repeat the other side. While the toast is still warm, rub with the clove of garlic on one side of the toast lightly and then cut the toast in half.
- Place a tablespoon of the crushed avocado onto each toast and tease the buffalo mozzarella gently apart and place a piece on top. Scatter a few hazelnuts and tomatoes, tear a few basil leaves over the top and drizzle with the dressing.
- Grate a little Parmesan over the bruschetta and serve.