Skip to main content
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- 6 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices wholegrain or rye bread
- 100g goats cheese
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Blanch the asparagus tips in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Cook the peas in boiling, salted water until tender and refresh in iced water, drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the mint and olive oil to the peas and crush with a fork.
- Toast the bread and spoon the mixture on top.
- Crumble the goats cheese over the mixture and dress with the asparagus and a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Season lightly with sea salt and pepper to taste.