Skip to main content
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan forced). Spray a 20 x 10cm loaf tin with oil; line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Reserve one whole banana for presentation and mash remaining 3 bananas in a large bowl (1½ cups mashed).
- Add sugar, milk and eggs and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Sift flours and cinnamon on top of banana mixture, returning husks from the sieve to the bowl. Mix ingredients together until just combined, taking care not to over-mix, then gently fold through blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared loaf tin and smooth the surface. Slice remaining banana thinly and overlap slices through the centre of the loaf.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes then cover with foil and bake for a further 20 minutes. Centre of loaf will remain moist but not wet when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
- Cut into 1 cm slices and toast before serving, if desired.
LiveLighter ® State of Western Australia 2018. Reproduced with permission. For more healthy recipes and tips, visit www.livelighter.com.au