- ½ cup plain/all-purpose flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- pinch of salt
- 2 large free-range eggs, separated
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or chives
- 220 grams thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- Extra fresh dill or chives, to garnish
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolks and milk in a small bowl, then mix into the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg whites in another large bowl with an electric mixer until they form soft peaks, then fold into the batter.
- Fold in the melted butter until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick pan, lightly brushed with a little olive oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Working in batches of four, spoon a good tablespoon of batter into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the surface of the pancakes bubble.
- Flip and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Brush pan with olive oil between batches.
- To make the topping, stir all ingredients in a bowl, except the salmon, until combined.
- Dollop onto pancakes and top with salmon.
- Garnish with fresh dill or chives and serve.