- 200g dried figs, chopped
- 200g dried dates, chopped
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g walnuts
- 1 cup natural muesli or oats (optional) you can use almond or nut meal instead
- 5 tblsp of dutch or raw cocoa
- 1 tblsp vanilla essence
- 3 tblsp of coconut oil
- ½ cup of naked sugar free ginger, diced
- Extra dutch cocoa for rolling
- Mix the figs and the dates with the brandy and allow them to sit overnight. In a food processor or blender, combine the nuts until a fine meal and set these aside.
- Place the figs and dates into the food processor and blend until broken up, add in the oats, cocoa, the vanilla essence and the coconut oil and continue to blend. You may need to do this in batches. Add in the nuts and combine again until the mixture really comes together and is quite smooth, when you are almost to the consistency, add in the chopped ginger and pulse again until combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls about a dessert spoon full of mixture and then roll in the extra cocoa. You can also use chopped pistachio nuts.
- Store in the fridge or in an airtight container.
- These will store in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Indulging in morning tea is usually about the sugar and carbs so if you’re looking for a healthy morning tea treat you can’t go past these healthy chocolate truffles. They are a fantastic alternative to a brownie or other chocolatey goody and healthy way to curb mid-morning sugar cravings. These can be gluten free as well, just leave out the oats.