Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 250g SR Flour
- 50g margarine or soft butter
- 1 tblsp cold water
- 50g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- A pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tblsp sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar & margarine until clear. Add egg, rose water, lemon juice and water and mix well. Finally add SR flour and cloves, mix to a soft dough consistency.
- Leave to stand for approx. 15mins.
- Roll out pastry into long tube and cut into 16 pieces. Place sesame seeds into saucer. Roll out each piece of pastry and join ends forming a ring. Place one side onto sesame seeds.
- Place these sesame rings onto floured baking tray. Leave for 15mins before cooking for 20mins in oven at 180 degrees. Turn oven off and allow them to dry in oven for a further 15mins.
- Take out of oven and leave to cool completely on tray.
- Store in an airtight container.