Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 2 cups (250 grams) plain flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- ¾ cup (165 grams) brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 85 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly whisked
- ½ cup (125 mls) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mls) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or natural vanilla extract
- 11/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup (150 grams) chopped good quality dark chocolate
- Heat the oven to 180°C (170°C fan forced)
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases
- In a medium mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a jug roughly mix the wet ingredients with the zucchini, zest and chocolate.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Fill the paper cases almost to the top so the muffins generously bulge over the top when cooked.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 15-20mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.