Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 130g fresh dates, pitted
- 2 lady finger bananas or 1 ripe Cavendish banana
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs ( optional) these are available from health food shops and give a great crunch to the brownie
- 4 tbsps. of raw cocoa powder ( unsweetened) you can just use normal cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour ( available in health food shops)
- ½ cup ground almonds ( almond meal)
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients except the macadamia nuts and the shredded coconut until smooth.
- Fold through the macadamia nuts and press the mixture into a tray lined with baking paper to a thickness of about 1 ½ cm.
- Sprinkle over the toasted coconut and press lightly onto the mixture.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until firm, cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also roll the mixture into balls and then into the coconut.