Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (185ml) buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and cut into 2cm dice
- ⅓ cup (80ml) caramelised verjuice
- crème fraiche or thick cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line the base of a 22cm spring form tin.
- In a large jug whisk eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla together until well blended. Combine self-raising flour and caster sugar in a large bowl. Pour wet mixture over dry and fold gently until just mixed. Stir through pears.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for one hour or until the cake is cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, warm caramelised verjuice in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave and pour over cooled cake. Serve slices with crème fraiche or thick cream.
This recipe comes Lyndey Milan’s Taste of Australia cookbook. See more of Lyndey's recipes at lyndeymilan.com.*
*Cancer Council Australia does not endorse the nutritional content found on any external site.