Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 200 g white quinoa
- 500 ml water
- 85 g sultanas
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 200 g plain yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 2 apples, grated
- 1 heaped tablespoon honey, plus extra for drizzling fresh berries, to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nut kernels, to serve (optional)
Wash and strain the quinoa before use, then put into a medium saucepan with the water.
- Bring to the boil over medium–high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, then add the sultanas and cinnamon, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Fold the yoghurt, apple and honey through the cooled quinoa.
- Serve in bowls, topped with an extra dollop of yoghurt, the berries and pistachios (if using) and drizzle over some more honey if you have a sweet tooth.