Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 1¾ cups (260g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 160g salted butter, chilled, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup (60ml) cold water
- 1 tablespoon polenta
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 100g creamy feta, crumbled
- Baby salad and beetroot leaf salad mix, to serve
Roasted summer tomatoes
- 350g tub tomato medley
- 250g packet baby truss tomatoes
- 3 medium sized vine ripened or heirloom tomatoes
- 3 small green plum tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 250g tub mascarpone
- Finely grated zest and juice from one lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the flour and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse 15 – 20 times while adding cold water all at once. It should just come together into a smooth ball. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently.
- Place on one of the prepared trays and, using your fingers, push the pastry into rectangle shape measuring about 30cm x 23cm. Sprinkle dough with polenta. Place tray in fridge and refrigerate pastry base for 30 minutes to rest.
- While pastry rests, prepare the roasted summer tomatoes: Depending on the size and shape of tomatoes, quarter, thickly slice or leave whole so there is a mix of shapes and sizes.
- Place the tomatoes on the remaining prepared tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake tomatoes for 15 minutes, or until they have softened. Don’t overcook as they cook again on the pastry base. Leave to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- For the lemon mascarpone: Combine all ingredients, stir gently.
- To bake tart, spoon a tablespoon of lemon mascarpone over pastry base. Place roasted tomatoes evenly over pastry. Sprinkle thyme leaves and sprigs over the top. Either sprinkle with the crumbled feta now (or for a fresher finish add after baking).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden and crisp. Rest the tart for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a dollop of lemon mascarpone and a salad of baby lettuce and beetroot leaves.