Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 450g desiree potatoes, diced
- 450g pumpkin, diced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 200ml light cream
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- Olive oil or spray
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut potatoes and pumpkin into similar sized cubes (potatoes will take longer than the pumpkin), then toss in olive oil and pepper and roast in the oven until three-quarters cooked (approx. 30 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables).
- Leave to cool and reduce oven to 150C.
- Beat eggs and mix with cream and chopped parsley.
- Spray an ovenproof non-stick pan with olive oil spray, add the egg mix then arrange the cooked vegetables in the pan, ensuring not to over fill the pan as the mix will rise.
- Cook over a low heat until the bottom has set.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until just set in the centre and golden brown (approx. 15 to 20 minutes). If you don’t have a suitable ovenproof dish you can finish the frittata under the grill.
Serve with a large green salad.
If there is any leftover egg mixture you can make another smaller frittata.
Using the same egg and cream quantities you can make any flavour frittata you like such as; roasted red onion, capsicum, fresh herbs and fetta.