Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 1.5kg strawberries
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 50g packet Jamsetta
- 1.5kg granulated sugar
- Wash, drain and hull strawberries.
- Place in large saucepan with lemon juice and cook gently, uncovered, until fruit is soft.
- Add Jamsetta and sugar heat gently until dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Bring to the boil and boil vigorously for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Skim scum from surface with a metal slotted spoon if necessary.
- To test for a set, place a saucer in the freezer. Once cold, remove and place a dessert spoon of jam on to the saucer. After the jam is cold on the saucer run your finger through the jam, if set, jam should crinkle, if not, continue cooking for 3 minutes and repeat this process.
- Once successful test for set is achieved, remove jam from heat and pour jam into sterilised, dry jars (inside) that have been sitting in hot water & seal with lid.