Guidelines for healthy eating
Read Cancer Council's Guidelines for Healthy Eating to find out how you can reduce your cancer risk.Read more
- 110 g fine (instant) polenta
- 200 g almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 200 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 180 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest and juice of 3 limes
- 250 g fresh ricotta
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a 23-cm x 13-cm x 8-cm loaf pan and
line the base and sides with baking paper.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer until it turns white. Still beating, slowly add the eggs until completely mixed. Then fold in the dry ingredients by hand. Finally, fold in the zest, juice and ricotta. Try to keep the ricotta fairly chunky.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. To check if it’s cooked, insert a skewer in the centre – if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
The ricotta in this cake means it’s quite firm and moist. It’s the type of cake you could take on a picnic, or you could serve it up with some fresh berries or ricotta as a dessert.
From THE BLUE DUCKS by Mark LaBrooy and Darren Robertson published by Plum, RRP $39.99