Chocolate banana cookies
- 200g dark chocolate, plus 100g extra roughly chopped
- 60g salted butter
- 3/4 cup (180g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 (110g) cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large banana, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a medium saucepan with simmering water in a heatproof bowl until just melted. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine sugar and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixture and whisk on high for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually add chocolate mixture and beat through on low speed. Add flour and baking powder and beat through. Fold extra chocolate through.
- Spoon tablespoon size amounts onto the prepared trays, roll into balls and flatten. Combine the banana and lemon juice in a small bowl and toss to coat. Gently press a few pieces of banana onto each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Leave to cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
TIP – Cookies are best made and baked just before serving.