- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3 tbs margarine
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- 3 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 cups pizza toppings (see suggestions below), finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Add the flours to a large bowl. Use your fingers to rub the margarine into the flour until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and mix together to make a soft dough.
- Sprinkle the bench-top with a little flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a rectangle shape about 40 x 30 cm.
- Spread the tomato paste over the dough and sprinkle the cheese and other toppings evenly over the dough.
- Tightly roll up the dough (from the long side) into a log shape.
- Cut the log into 12 slices and lay the slices flat on the tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until lightly golden.
LiveLighter ® State of Western Australia 2018. Reproduced with permission. For more healthy recipes and tips, visit www.livelighter.com.au