"After speaking with the nurses and reading the brochures, we talked to our kids about cancer in age-appropriate ways. It helped demystify cancer and make it less scary.”
– Jane, mother of 3, contacted Cancer Council on 13 11 20 when diagnosed with bowel cancer.
Almost 150,000 Australians are diagnosed with cancer every year. That’s 150,000 families who need practical information and support. Our cancer nurses and trained volunteers on 13 11 20 help them understand treatment options, prepare for medical appointments, and organise legal and financial advice. All these services are made possible by hosts like you.
How your fundraising helps
Thanks to funds raised through Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, last year we were able to:
- Give over 38,000 people impacted by cancer practical and emotional support via our 13 11 20 Information and Support service
- Provide 102,922 nights of subsidised accommodation to cancer patients going through treatment
- Transport over 32,000 people with cancer and their carers to treatment
- Support people affected by cancer with almost $2million worth of free legal and financial advice
- Distribute over 727,000 free information booklets to better help Australians understand cancer.