Apple and date bliss balls
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 5 pitted dates
- 1½ cups dried apple, chopped
- 3-5 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut & more for rolling
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Blend oats in a high-speed blender or food processor until they’re a flour-like consistency.
- Add the apple, coconut and vanilla and process. Slowly add the dates and water. Start with 3 tablespoons of water and add more if required.
- Scoop out the mixture, slightly dampen hands, roll into balls and coat in more coconut.
Recipe by Cancer Council’s Healthy Lunch Box – visit the Healthy Lunch Box website for more.