Asian vegetable fritter balls with hoisin sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 150g butternut pumpkin, coarsely grated
- 1 small broccoli head, top of florets chopped and stalk coarsely grated
- 70g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 50g snow peas, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Thai basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Beat egg and hoisin in a small bowl to combine. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except flour in a large bowl. Sprinkle flour over and toss through to coat. Add hoisin mixture and mix through. Roll tablespoon size quantities and place on a large oven tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine hoisin, lime juice and sweet chilli and mix.
- Serve fritter balls hot or cold with dipping sauce.