Mulled berry and peach tea
- 6 cups (1.5L) boiling water
- 3 black tea bags
- 1 orange, juiced (1/4 cup), plus 2 strips of zest
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 cup (75g) frozen raspberries
- 1/2 medium yellow peach, pureed (1/4 cup), plus extra sliced peach to serve
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- Mixed berries to serve (use frozen if liked)
- Combine water and tea bags in a medium saucepan and steep for 2 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeeze excess liquid and discard.
- Add orange juice, zest, cinnamon, star anise and raspberries. Reduce saucepan to a medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add peach juice and caster sugar and stir through.
- Strain tea through a large sieve and transfer into serving tea pot or tea cups. Add extra peach or berries to tea pot or tea cups if liked.
TIP – Puree peach in a small food processor. Puree extra peach if liked and freeze in ice cube trays for next time. Then you can make this tea even after peach season ends!
TIP – Make mulled tea up to one week in advance and keep in the refrigerator. Transfer tea to a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat.