Roast beetroot hummus
- 2 medium sized beetroots, skin on
- 400g can no added salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC. Wrap each beetroot in foil and roast for 1-2 hours (depending on size) until soft. Remove from the oven and cool. Peel and chop into chunks.
Place all ingredients in a food processor with only one tablespoon of water. Process until smooth. Add more water, one tablespoon at a time until the desired thickness is reached. Add a pinch of salt.stir.
- Portion and freeze for up to 2 months
- Beetroot stains, so protect your benchtops and wear gloves when peeling and slicing it.
Recipe by Cancer Council’s Healthy Lunch Box – visit the Healthy Lunch Box website for more.