Ruby red fruit salad
1/4 watermelon (500g)
1 medium white nectarine
1 medium plum
1 medium yellow peach
1 medium fig
1/2 cup red grapes, thinly sliced
2 passionfruit (1/4 cup pulp)
1 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Remove watermelon skin and discard, and thinly slice the flesh into large triangles.
- Cut thin wedges of nectarine, plum, peach and fig.
- Thinly slice strawberries and cut raspberries and blueberries in half.
- Arrange all fruit, except passionfruit on the serving platter, curling slices to give height.
- Combine passionfruit pulp and orange juice in a small bowl, mix well and spoon over fruit salad just before serving.
Tip – Best prepared on the day of serving. Cut fruit the day before and store covered with a damp paper towel in an airtight container to avoid odours. Keep dressing aside until ready to serve.