Salmon and dill croquettes with lemon aioli
600g brushed potatoes, peeled, chopped
200g bread (4 slices)
200g salmon fillet, skinless
2 tbsp chopped dill
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, finely zested
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 small garlic clove, crushed
Optional Salsa verde to serve
Suitable for Freezing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, tear the bread into a roasting tray and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer bread to a food processor and pulse until crumbed. Transfer breadcrumbs back to the roasting tray and cool to room temperature.
- Cut salmon fillet into 20 strips (roughly 6cm long, 1cm thick).
- Drain and discard the water from the cooked potatoes. Mash potatoes in pan until smooth. Add dill and season with salt and pepper. Divide mix evenly into 20 portions (approximately 30g each). Flatten each portion, place a strip of salmon on top and press potato mixture around to enclose.
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl. Add parmesan, parsley, olive oil and half the lemon zest to the breadcrumbs and mix. Coat each croquette in egg, press breadcrumb on and place on lined oven tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Mix mayonnaise, garlic and remaining lemon zest in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve croquettes with lemon aioli and salsa verde.
To make salsa verde, combine 1 cup mixed soft green herbs (parsley, coriander, mint and chives), 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 garlic clove and 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest. Process until salsa is finely chopped and all has come together.