4 fish fillets
3 onions sliced
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 tomatoes sliced (8 slices)
4-6 medium potatoes thinly sliced
½ cup parsley chopped
400g can tin tomatoes chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
½ cup white wine
½ cup water
½ cup olive oil and some extra to drizzle
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Oil the base of a baking dish.
- Lay the potatoes in the dish in an overlapping patter.
- In a wok or frying pan, add ½ cup of olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the tin tomatoes, parsley, wine, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- Add ½ cup of water to the empty tomato tin. Swirl the water around the tin and add this to the tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Spread half of the sauce over the potatoes and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Lay the fillets on top of the potatoes and pour over the remaining sauce.
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the fish fillets. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for a further 30-40 minutes, depending the thickness of the fish fillets.
- Carrots and sweet potatoes can be added with the potatoes.
- To make the dish spicy, add chopped chilli in with the onion.