- 100 grams natural muesli
- 100 grams almond meal
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons gelatine ( or 2 ½ tablespoons of agar agar powder)
- 300 grams Greek yoghurt (strained in a fine strainer for 24 hours)
- 500 grams Greek yoghurt
- 4 fresh figs (or 1 cup of fresh fruit of your choice )
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Extra fresh figs and crushed pistachios to garnish to decorate (optional)
- For the base, combine the muesli, almond meal and the melted butter and press this into a 21cm spring form tin lined with baking paper. Place this into the fridge to chill. Heat the water and the honey together in a small pot until just starting to simmer, add in the gelatine powder and whisk to dissolve.
- In a food processor or with beaters, combine the strained yoghurt with the 500g of yoghurt, the figs and lemon zest, pour in the honey, water and gelatine and blend until smooth or well combined. Pour the yoghurt mix into the tin smooth over.
- Combine the extra honey with the vanilla bean paste and drizzle this onto the top of the cheesecake.
- Set in the fridge overnight and garnish with more fresh figs when ready to serve.
Tip: You can use any type of fruit making sure that it is not too wet when blended.